Friday the 13th Teases Virtual Cabin, New Patch Notes
By Kyle Sledge 12 January 2018
About a couple of weeks ago, the publisher Gun Media and developer IllFonic provided fans with a heads up about the next patch for the asymmetrical multiplayer survival-horror title Friday the 13th: The Game, with the update intending to focus on new content and bug fixes. Now, the companies have officially released the new patch and some of its notes, while also teasing the inclusion of the Virtual Cabin 2.0 feature.
As seen in the screenshots found below, Friday the 13th: The Game fans can get a look at the new Virtual Cabin, which is set to serve as “a combination museum” to the title, as well as “an interactive dev diary.” The new Virtual Cabin is being conceived as an improvement upon the first one, and there’s supposed to be tons of content from the iconic films hidden within it. According to Gun Media and IllFonic, it ought to take a while to find all that the new Virtual Cabin has to offer, as players will need to puzzle things out to unearth all the secrets concealed inside.
The prospect of Friday the 13th: The Game‘s new Virtual Cabin is surely enticing to plenty of fans of the title, and they would definitely like to get the chance to explore it as soon as possible. Unfortunately, though, Gun Media and IllFonic failed to provide a specific release date for the content at this point in time. Even so, as evidenced in the companies’ prior explanation of Virtual Cabin 2.0, at least the assets are going to be free of charge when they are made available.
When it comes to Friday the 13th: The Game‘s new patch, the notes provided by Gun Media and IllFonic aren’t complete, as the companies didn’t want to “spoil the surprise” of new and undisclosed content in the update. Nevertheless, the upcoming changes, refinements, and fresh materials that the publisher and developer are willing to openly share at this juncture can be found at the end of the article.
All in all, it’s great to see Gun Media and IllFonic continue to provide a slew of post-launch materials and support for Friday the 13th: The Game well after its release earlier this year. And with any luck, fans will soon be given a closer look at the rest of the title’s single-player content–that is, its “Challenges” and “Offline Bots”–in the coming days and weeks.
Friday the 13th: The Game‘s Next Patch Preview
- Large items are now properly hidden for counselors operating the CB radio
- Addressed some issues that were causing counselor ragdolls to behave incorrectly
- Fox’s character model now properly casts a full shadow
- Made adjustments to various counselor outfits that were behaving incorrectly
- Addressed some issues that were causing players to become interaction locked
- Fixed an issue with the baseball bat not properly calculating durability
- Addressed an issue that would sometimes cause Jason to clip through terrain while in shallow water
- Addressed an issue causing Jason’s own location icon and morph reticle to sometimes not appear on the map
- Fixed a bug that allowed Jason to interact with the fuse box while also holding a counselor
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to escape Pamela’s Sweater stun by activating Jason’s morph ability at the exact same time
- Made improvements to the camera angles used for Part 4 Jason’s cinematic kills
- Fixed a bug that caused Part 7 Jason to sometimes behave incorrectly after being stunned by a pocket knife
- Fixed a bug that caused some of Jason’s environmental kills to allow more uses than intended
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to enter combat stance while in the middle of Jason’s grab animation
- Fixed a bug that prevented Jason’s traps from properly triggering when a Counselor is entering a repaired vehicle
- Fixed a visual bug that caused Jason’s blocking animation to not show properly after blocking an attack
- Fixed a collision issue with Jason’s throwing knives
- Medical Sprays will no longer contain extra charges after being dropped by a counselor with the Medic perk equipped.
- Reduced the effectiveness of the Heavy Hitter perk
- Repair Part Icons are no longer able to appear beneath the default Map Location Icons
- Fixed a bug that was causing an incorrect amount of kills to be shown on the scoreboard
- Reduced the volume of Part 9 Jason’s music
- Fixed various audio issues occurring with some of Jason’s environmental kills
- Added additional item spawns to campsites
- Lowered the maximum amount of Medical Sprays that are able to spawn in drawers
- Increased the minimum distance that the fuse can spawn from the phone box
- Added countermeasures to prevent players from parking vehicles in front of Jason’s shack
- Removed various exploit spots on all maps
- Removed objects on various maps that were blocking the use of some of Jason’s environmental kills
- Added more variation to the possible cabin types and cabin spawn locations
- Added additional item spawns and environmental kills in the
Jarvis House and Vacation House
- Adjusted repair item spawn locations to no longer spawn at inaccessible locations
- Corrected various collision issues that were blocking player movement
- Fixed a bug that caused the “HIGGINS HAVEN 1984” text to sometimes appear during a match
- Removed some assets that were spawning inside on another
Higgins Haven (Small)
- Removed a tire that would sometimes block the phone repair box by Blair Cove
- Added an option in private matches to toggle Rain On/Off/Random
- Made adjustments to the lobby system to more evenly distribute the chances for players to be chosen as Jason
- Players who choose the ‘Counselor’ option in the ‘Spawn Preference’ menu will no longer be chosen as Jason (unless there are no other options)
Friday the 13th: The Game is available now for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
Source: Friday the 13th: The Game – Reddit